Sunday, January 8, 2012

Soul Poetry

Oh, that my soul would seek You more,
In longing passion, grace implore.
Oh, that my heart would cherish Thee
Above all else, my eyes would see
The glory of your righteous worth.
Exchange my death for your rebirth.
My soul, encumbered, dead to sin,
Not of my works does yours begin;
To turn a hardened heart to praise
And in that work, a dead man raise.
Oh, that my cry would ever be
Not of myself, but all to Thee:
My God, my God, consume my soul.
Break me, fill me, make me whole.
Turn my heart alone to you;
In spirit worship all that's true,
In goodness seek your glory's plan
Upon eternal heaven's span.
Too oft I look upon the scale
Of earthly treasures, men that fail,
Forgetting that in all I need
You sent your Son for me to bleed.
Upon a cross for mercy's sake
Your justice hung upon that stake.
And yet, in wisdom joy was found
When death was forfeit from the ground.
You rose triumphant from the grave
And to your glory, men did save.
Oh, Maker of my life and breath,
Sanctify me in this death!
That in your sacrifice for me,
I would not my own worth see.
But rather unto myself die
And make your glory my sole cry.
Praise Him, praise Him, heart of stone!
Spirit, wake to Him alone!
Oh, God, I beg you, make me thine
And through my life, let your Light shine!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome poem. Its pretty sweet to read good poetry about a heart that breaks for all the right reasons.

    ReplyDelete